E L Ix11 ∆V - [EDTS] : READY PLAYER ONE & Future Decisions in Science

Translate

Search This Blog

READY PLAYER ONE & Future Decisions in Science

This Steven Spielberg movie looks on point! I love that the protagonists name is Wade Watts as my middle name is Wade. I also find it humorous that the place everyone visits in the virtual realm is called the Oasis. This takes me back to my times playing Everquest 2001-2005 as Elixos (Dwarven Cleric) as there was a Zone I used to hang out in called the Oasis and was a starting zone for many new players.
I can totally relate how originally my playing Everquest as a MMoRPG was a method to escape reality... yet these days it has become something much more so to speak and I believe can be a freeing experience.


Watch the Trailer Below




Here is a video of what the Oasis looked like.


Now I do not believe our future will be the same as this movie portrays... however it can give some good insights into the potentials of who we are and what we can do with what is in the virtual realm. We are just at the beginning of our journey of integration of man and machine.
Jack MA (founder of Alibaba) recently did an interview where he speaks about how we as humans need to recognize the need for educating the youth on the soft parts of reality over that of the knowledge, cramming information for memorization... when computers are much better than humans at such things... Watch the interview below.




ONE LAST THING. Jack Ma can also rock some Tai chi - I recommend checking out his short film Gou Shou Dao... doing his thing with some of the greatest Martial Arts Actors of our Era .

Featured Post

Life on Fire - By EL911AV *SUP!

Music / Video / Art by JSUMNER (ELIx11AV) Sandalphon Productions